How to Become a Gordon James Client
Once you make the decision to work with Gordon James Realty as your property management company, we make the process of becoming a client as quick and easy as possible. With a few simple steps, we can begin the work of leasing and managing your properties. The following information will give you an idea of what’s involved to begin the partnership.
- During an introductory phone call, we provide you with an overview of Gordon James Realty’s property management services, discuss your goals for the property and answer any questions you have.
- When you are ready to put us to work, you can complete, sign, and submit the management agreement.
- We will provide you with access to the owner portal so you can create login credentials and complete our new owner questionnaire. The questionnaire helps us collect general information about your property and service preferences and ensures we can provide optimal customer service through every stage of the partnership.
- Your dedicated property manager will schedule a phone call with you to explain the functions and capabilities of the online owner portal and answer any questions. The portal is a one-stop-shop for all information about your property where you can view real-time data on the financial performance of your unit, maintenance requests, and documents from your renters and Gordon James Realty. Best of all, you can access the secure owner portal from any internet-enabled device.
- Gordon James Realty will prepare a market analysis for your review, so you can get a data-driven picture of the current rental values of comparable properties in your neighborhood.
- Based on the market analysis and our experience, we will provide a realistic rental range to help you determine the optimal rent for your unit.*
- Once you decide your rental rate, Gordon James Realty’s goal is to find you a qualified tenant as quickly as possible. At the comparable market rate, you can expect that we’ll place a qualified tenant within 20 days. At a higher rental rate, we will try to fill the property as quickly as possible, but it may take longer.
- At your request, Gordon James will advertise your property. Please see information about our Marketing and Leasing services to learn more.