No upfront cost
Gordon James Mint
Our Gordon James Mint service fronts the cost of services and repairs that can increase the value of your home. From staging to painting to cosmetic renovations, no payment will be collected until your home sells. No upfront cost, no interest charged ever.
Informing the seller
Data & Analytics
We work closely with our technology partners to guide our clients through the process by providing data and insights. While the client ultimately makes any final decision, we believe our role is to help them make an informed decision, by teaching them about opportunities they hadn’t previously considered.
Levering Our Expertise
Unlike most brokerage firms, our business started as a property management company. This allowed us to develop a deep understanding of repairs and build a vast network of vetted contractors and service providers. Levering our network of industry professionals and in-house maintenance to help review, assess, and perform home inspection related repairs, at an average cost savings of 23%
Marketing That Makes An Impression
In the modern age of technology, prospective buyers are inundated with online marketing material. To help engage buyers, we provide custom designed, physical portfolios, for each property we sell. This provides the prospective buyer with a tangible takeaway, that includes pictures of the property, floor plans, and information about the neighborhood.
On average, prospective home buyers tour 8 homes, before making an offer. This can make it difficult to buyers to remember specific details about a home. Providing floorplans is crucial to enable buyers to make an informed decision and help them envision their future layout.
Floorplans Matterport 3D
3D walk-throughs are captured for every property we sell, using the Matterport 3D camera and software.
This allows more prospective buyers to view your property, and is ideal for our international client base.
Your property is valuable, and so is your time.
Gordon James Realty invests the hours, care and skill required to manage properties and maximize returns, so you can spend your time elsewhere.
- Why Choose Gordon James?
- Marketing and Leasing
- Management Services
- Who we serve
Why Choose Gordon James?
Our customized approach, responsiveness and expertise mean you
can relax and reap the rewards of your investments, confident that
we’re taking care of everything else.
Our service combines time-tested management methods with
leading-edge, secure technology that helps us be both efficient and
transparent. We remain industry leaders in property management
by keeping up with the latest laws, community developments, and
neighborhoods on the rise in order to best protect and maximize
We’re proud of the comprehensive services offer our clients and believe
in open communication. You’ll notice our commitment to collaboration
from the first phone call, where we explain our services in detail, ask
about your property and your goals, and answer any questions you have.
Whether you need us to take the reins completely or consult with
you every step of the way, we are committed to personalizing a
management strategy that fits your situation and goals. We’re here
to be your information source, investment protector, and partner in
Marketing and Leasing
1. RENTAL RATE ANALYSIS
We begin our partnership by preparing and pricing your property for rent. Gordon James Realty performs a detailed market analysis, recommending the best possible rental price based on current market conditions, the amenities of the property, and its current condition. Additionally, we may recommend repairs and improvements that would increase your return on investment. With our knowledge of the Washington, D.C. rental market and our knack for competitive pricing, we have filled vacant rental properties in as few as 5 days.
2. PROPERTY MARKETING
We design polished, customized advertising and marketing campaigns featuring professional, wide-angle photographs that highlight your property’s strengths and amenities. To expose your property to the largest pool of qualified tenants possible, we publish an advertisement for your property on 13 different targeted websites. We typically respond within 15 minutes to prospective tenants and schedule showings at times that are best suited for them.
3. TENANT SCREENING
Once interested tenants have seen your property, they fill out an online application. We then check the applicants’ credit histories, conduct thorough criminal background checks, perform employment verifications, and consult prior landlord references to ensure we find the most qualified tenant for your property. This entire process is facilitated by best-in-class software to guarantee speed and accuracy in our reports.
4. COORDINATE MOVE-IN/MOVE-OUT OF TENANTS
We handle the move-in and move-out process from start to finish. First, we inspect and document the property’s initial condition using photographs or video. Then, tenants complete and sign a Statement of Condition form verifying the home’s state at move-in time. When tenants move out, we conduct another inspection, document any damages tenants are liable for, and charge them for the required repairs.
5. RENT INVOICING
Your tenants have access to their unique online account where they can view past, current, and future charges. To ensure compliance with D.C. law, after they make payments, they can print a receipt for their records.
We offer two marketing and leasing package options to fit our owners’ needs.
- Full Leasing Package- Gordon James Realty’s full property leasing package comprises every step in the process to secure a well-qualified tenant, including all of the services listed in the list above. After we help you select the best tenant, we prepare a lease for your approval and administer it. Our fee for finding and placing a new tenant is 90 percent of one month’s rent.
- Partial Leasing Package- For just $400, we offer a partial plan that includes many of the leasing services of the full package, but excludes marketing services such as preparing a market analysis, creating professional advertising, and showing the property. With this option, once you have identified potential tenants, Gordon James Realty uses our tools to screen applicants, administer the lease, coordinate key transfer and building move-ins, and perform move-in inspections. Our process ensures that clients and their investments are protected, has been reviewed by legal and accounting experts, and eliminates unnecessary delays and hassles for homeowners.
The staff at Gordon James Realty are experts in the industry. One of the major benefits of quality property management is having someone you trust to take care of all the details. With over 30 years of combined real estate experience, and our continued investment in technology and better systems, our customer satisfaction is one of the highest in the industry.
- We handle all aspects of managing your rental property. We advertise the property, screen prospective residents, negotiate leases, collect rent, schedule maintenance, maintain accurate records, and resolve resident complaints.
- We know the local market and have an extensive network of contacts. That allows us to manage your investment property more effectively and at reduced costs. You save because our preferred contractors have lower rates and earn more because our properties typically command higher rent, which often adds up to greater profits than managing the property yourself.
- Gordon James Realty uses the most up-to-date advertising techniques and best practice approach when coordinating and conducting viewings, exposing your properties to a wider market of renters or buyers and increasing conversion rate which reduces vacancies.
We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay. We follow all federal, state, and local laws, making sure you and your investment avoid legal problems.
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs with our 24/7 emergency response team, so you can sleep at night.
- The seasoned team at Gordon James Realty constantly monitors changing trends and legal issues in the real estate market to best represent and protect our clients’ interests.
Gordon James Realty does not force you into a one-year contract, which is the practice of many of our competitors. We earn our clients’ loyalty through our high-quality service, rather than locking them into long-term contracts.
- We use a cloud-based software system that allows owners to see what’s going on with their properties 24/7.
Who we serve
We manage properties for many types of clients, from seasoned property investors who own dozens of properties or mixed use commercial properties to individual homeowners moving away for a finite period of time. We work for property owners living all over the world as members of the military or foreign service and for local clients who simply want to shed the time-consuming work of managing their rentals.
Our property management clients own single-family homes, multi-family homes and condominium units in the DC metro area, including the district, Arlington, Alexandria and Silver Spring, MD. All of our clients are looking for help with the burden of managing a property on their own and they look to Gordon James as their trusted advisor throughout the partnership.